Sunday, December 28, 2008

Less Words...More Pictures: Part 3

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! There's just something about being mindful of God's neverending faithfulness and HIS overwhelming blessings that puts a smile on my face and a feeling of fullness in my heart. It's great being able to consciously take time to remember all that I have to be thankful for and giving specific thanks to God. I should be focused on HIS wonderful generosity daily, but sometimes, I neglect to talk to Him about it with a grateful heart.
This Thanksgiving, although spent away from family, was an absolute blessing! I had a wonderful time. One of the families from our school had 9 of us staff members over for Thanksgiving. We had turkey and all the fixins! I thank God that HE provided a home away from home at such a special time of the year and surrounded me with men, women, and kids that love HIM. I had a blessed day!

Playing Pictionary! Little Benton (1st grade) decided to join the adults and did an awesome job.
Getting my hair done by my student Hannah! Her family was the host of the day. It's not every day that I get to wear teddy bears in my hair.

Our school's first annual Turkey Bowl---staff vs. Dads Club United soccer game. Staff is in the blue. Dads are in the red. And the daughters of dads (cheerleaders) are in front. This was a great event and a lot of fun. It really got the dads involved, and the daughters had cheerleading practice for weeks in advance. They had jerseys made and cheerleading sweatshirts. It was quite a big deal!
some random display in a coffee shop that I found funnyThe special character bench---I felt cheesey being on this hiddeous thing!

No comments: