Monday, March 2, 2009

25 Random Facts on Facebook

Hello, all of you lovely blog readers! As usual, I've been terrible about posting. I thought for your reading enjoyment, I'd copy and paste my "25 Random Things" from my Facebook account, since it consumed my time a few weeks ago. I do believe the time I spent writing this list up could have been dedicated to the beginning process of writing my first novel! Facebook is total madness, and I'm addicted to it. Well, sort of! So far, this 25 Randomness business is the first "posting" trap I've fallen into on there. Many of you still do not have Facebook, so unfortunately, I've been unable to "spy" on you. :D You, in turn, miss out on all of these delightful, yet pointless, postings about me and a million other people. I do find them quite interesting at times, so here you go! This is mainly for my family members who may need a walk down "Audie Lane." You may need to grab a cup of coffee or some popcorn.;0)
In no particular order:
1. I became a child of the King when I was 6 years old in the 1st grade in New Orleans, LA. Deciding to follow Jesus then is the most critical decision I have ever made and is still impacting my life today. God is so faithful, and it is a joy, honor, and privilege to walk with JESUS and because of JESUS daily.
2. I am a proud (not really typical) middle child---the middle of 3 girls! I absolutely love being the middle child and count it a blessing to be stuck between 2 amazing women of God who happen to be my best friends.
3. I am amazed by God's willingness to let HIS children be a part of HIS kingdom work. That HE actually chooses to use us is beyond my comprehension, and at the same time, a wonderful blessing! I am a part of HIS work in Seoul, South Korea.
4. I was called to missions in the summer of 2004 while on summer missions in South Africa. I do believe that part of my heart was left there with those precious people. I would jump at the chance to move there one day and praise God for the way HE worked in my life on that trip.
5. I teach a class of 25 5th grade students. The countries of Korea, USA, Belgium, Brazil, Japan, Germany, Switzerland, Nigeria, and India are all represented. Talk about God bringing the nations to me! I am in awe and blessed daily by my precious "babies"!
6. I enjoy traveling and visiting new "lands." I have been to Mexico, Canada, England, Ukraine, South Africa, Thailand, Laos, China, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, St. Lucia, Barbados, Dominica, Antigua, and will be going to Singapore and Indonesia for Spring Break.
7. I love receiving letters through email or snail mail or messages on Facebook or MySpace. A card with a handwritten note means more to me than any gift or present ever could.
8. Unlike my good friend Erin, I am nowhere near being where I thought I'd be 10 years after high school. I'm a college graduate, and that's pretty much the only thing from my senior year essay "In 10 Years..." that has come to pass. I don't have a nursing degree from Samford, nor did I attend that university. I'm not a godly wife and mother of 2 kids working on my 3rd.:) I don't live in the blessed South.
9. My biggest dream growing up was to follow Jesus and to be a godly wife and mother of 3 or 4 kids.My biggest desire now is to be in the center of God's will for my life and to find joy and contentment in whatever place/situation HE's placed me in, trusting that HIS way and plan for my life is better and higher than any plan that I could devise on my own.
10. Contrary to popular belief about me and even though I'm practically old enough to be a grandma, I still do desire to get married one day and have children---all in God's timing of course!;)
11. I LOVE SPORTS! I played tennis, volleyball, softball, and basketball growing up. I probably enjoy watching them more than playing them, but I like to do both. Tennis is my favorite to play, and American football is my favorite to watch!
12. I LOVE TELLING STORIES! Admittedly, I have been known to exaggerate at times. I believe it would be safe to say that I got my story-telling ability from my daddy!
13. I am pretty layed back and mellow most of the time, but there are some aspects of my personality that are at times high strung.
14. The results of every personality test that I've ever taken (early years of life 'til now) without fail have pegged me as an extrovert. However, I have many introverted tendencies, and I enjoy alone time!
15. I LOVE THE SOUTH---the people, the weather, etc... I have lived in LA, MS, AL, FL, and NC. I wouldn't mind living in GA or SC one of these days either to complete the puzzle.
16. I thoroughly enjoy four-wheeling, especially when there's MUD involved!
17. I still want to sky dive one of these days! I've bungee jumped a couple of times but would like to from Victoria Falls if the opportunity ever arises.
18. I admire my mom and dad in spite of their short-comings and hope to be for my kids one day what they've been for me! I love them both very much!
19. I sang a lot in high school and college and am highly encouraged and challenged by Christian music. The lyrics and songs of Avalon and Selah are my top 2 destressor groups. What a blessing their music has been to me since moving overseas.
20. This is cheesey, but...I adore George W. Bush and have had a crush on him since he was elected back in 2000. :) There's just something about George W. in a cowboy hat, driving his pick-up truck in TX that makes me smile. I feel like I could just randomly run into him somewhere, raise my chin, and say nonchalantly, "What up, G.W.?" He seems approachable and down to earth---a good ol' boy!
21. Aside from salvation, I believe the greatest gift I've ever been given is the gift of a stay-home mom. I can't express how much it impacted my life to have my mom at home with her 3 kids as her top priority and full-time job. My dad is a very integral part of this blessing as well. He worked very hard to support our family, and both of my parents sacrificed much so that Mom could stay home. I'll take quality time with Mom and Dad over fancy houses and cars anyday!
22. I HATE CATS AND AM TERRIBLY SCARED OF THEM!!! I wouldn't mind never seeing or hearing one again. Well, I like to look at exotic cats but would probably be scared of those, too.
23. I love chocolate---Double Stuf Oreos, brownies, and Hershey almond bars just to name a few. I love ice cream---mint chip, jamoca almond fudge, coffee, and cookies-n-cream just to name a few. Milk is my favorite drink---give me 2% or whole---and at night, I like a little Ovaltine in my milk!!
24. I dislike alcoholic drinks but like food cooked in them!! I have never been a drinker of alcoholic beverages, nor have I ever had the desire to drink. I've tasted some wines and champagnes, but only a sip or 2. However, this past summer, I had these weird cravings for a beer and pizza even though I'd never even tasted beer in my 26 years of life. I made the mistake of telling my family, so I never heard the end of it. Every time we were out, they'd try to order me a beer or stop and buy one on the way home. At these times, I suddenly didn't want it anymore. Well, I had 2 different kinds of beer at my aunt and uncle's this summer (half a bottle of each) and don't care to ever drink one again. I also ordered some wine on my flight to the states (complimentary of course), drank half of it, and then thought, "This is absolutely nastidious. Why would I waste carbs on an alcoholic beverage that I'm not enjoying?" I felt stupid ordering it, too---like a little kid!
25. Not yet seen on Facebook...I am honored that you made it this far in the list!!
Have a blessed day, and leave a comment! Love you all!
P.S. I'll be posting more soon! I have some awesome things to share and will have field trip tales and pictures coming up. This was effortless, and it's time for sleep now! I'll 'talk' to you soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are NOT old enough to be a grandma! That's my job. Audie, I will never tire of reading about how much you love your amazing sisters. That warms my heart. Love, Mrs. Geri

Jason and Leigha said...

Audie,
I just love reading your posts. It seems that every time I read one, I laugh out loud. :) I miss getting to see you daily, but I love catching up with you from your blog and your emails. Keep them coming girl! :)

Love,
Leigha