



Well, we find ourselves celebrating one of the Lord's most precious gifts today...the gift of MOTHERS! My mom is a woman worth celebrating when I look back over the years and remember her faithfulness to me, my family, and most of all the LORD JESUS! She was so faithful to pray for me, to serve and support me, and to council me in the ways of Jesus. Often times throughout the years, I must admit that the good decisions that I chose to make were not necessarily the result of a desire to seek and obey the Lord, but rather out of respect for my dear mom and the remembrance of her solid advice and wise words that fortunately pointed to the main REASON that any of us should be compelled to do the right thing---the fact that it honors and pleases King Jesus. I'm so thankful for such a godly role model who knew how to be the best mother for me only because she gave her role as mother over to the LORD and trusted in HIM for guidance. I know that she'd say it was all God, but I'd still like to pat her on the back and brag on her for her dedication and commitment to me and my family.
I have learned so much over the years from my mom---about life, about responding to struggles, about admitting weaknesses and allowing HIS strength to be made perfect in those, about putting others before myself, about trusting God to do what HE promises to do, about parenthood, about marriage, and the list goes on. As I prepare for the journey of marriage, I am once again so thankful that I have my mother to turn to for prayer, for advice, and for wisdom. I am also overwhelmed by the blessing of being able to call Momma "friend". That's exactly what she's become over the years...my closest friend. She is an awesome listener, encourager, and empathizer. At the same time, she is great at speaking the truth in love and putting things in perspective even when the words are tough to swallow.
It is neat to watch the word of God come alive in your family. I am so encouraged and blessed by another mother in our family---my older sister, Heather! She is carrying on the godly principles and traditions that our mother began with us. She is teaching Michaela the word and ways of the LORD and is also seeking the LORD in how to respond to the many questions and situations that come up in motherhood! I am confident that one day someone will say to Michaela, "I'm encouraged 'when I call to remembrance the genuine faith that is in you, which dwelt first in your grandmother [Helen] and your mother [Heather], and I'm persuaded is in you also'(2 Timothy 1:5)." What a testimony that will be to God's faithfulness. It is my prayer that should the LORD bless me with children, the same could be said to or of them one day as well. What a heritage and blessing from the Father! What a responsibility that the LORD has entrusted HIS daughters with. Just one more reminder that nothing is impossible with HIM and that every good and perfect gift is from HIM.
Thanks, sweet Momma (Tommy, Bevis, Bertha, etc...)! You are a treasure that I will cherish always! I'm so proud of you! I praise God for the work HE's done in and through you and continues to do! May I grow up to be like you!
I'll end with this passage from Proverbs 31 which describes you, Momma.
"25 Strength and honor are her clothing;
She shall rejoice in time to come.
26 She opens her mouth with wisdom,
And on her tongue is the law of kindness.
27 She watches over the ways of her household,
And does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children rise up and call her blessed;
Her husband also, and he praises her:
29 “ Many daughters have done well,
But you excel them all.”
30 Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing,
But a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised.
31 Give her of the fruit of her hands,
And let her own works praise her in the gates."

No comments:
Post a Comment