Sunday, June 1, 2008

Showers and Surprises

Kimberly's lingerie shower
Kimberly about to spew a mouthful of marshmallows!
Family and old Columbus crew
Longview Heights and work crew
The days and weeks have been flying by! Last week at this time I was stressed into a frenzy due to procrastination just like I predicted I would be. My family came in town---Katie Jo surprised me. I wasn't completely packed like I was supposed to be. Luckily, Kimberly came and packed my living room up right before my parents arrived on Friday evening. Thanks, Kimbo! I was supposed to have all of the stuff together for Kimberly's lingerie shower but was lacking a little in that area, too. Praise God for another wonderful friend, Leigha, who forced me into Sam's after work on Friday and helped me get all the food for that.

Anyway, I was having trouble getting organized and trusting Jesus with everything to say the least. In the midst of all of that, HE allowed me to enjoy the shower on Saturday and then to be surprised by friends and family who were gathered for a going away party. I was so overwhelmed by all that was done for me. I received one of the best gifts I have ever been given---a beautiful scrapbook filled with pictures and letters of encouragement from dear friends and family as I set out on my new journey to South Korea. At the time, I was too tired and stressed to really give a proper thank you and convey just how much that gift meant to me even before reading the letters. I also didn't want to open the flood gates of all of the emotions I had been suppressing. Since then, the flood gates have been unleashed a time or two, and I've been truly overwhelmed by the goodness God has bestowed upon me through precious family members and friends! Thanks to all of you who contributed to that book, helped me pack, got things together for the party, gave financially, and came to support me on that evening!!
A special shout out to Scott and Holly Lanker who graciously traveled 12 hours to make it to my going away get-together! That meant the world to me---I'm quite sure you 2 will never know just how much. It was great to finally meet you, Holly! What a trooper to travel so long and in your last month of pregnancy!! THANK YOU!

1 comment:

Addie Talley, Photographer said...

looks like fun.... hope you have a great time and do great things in Korea....