Here are some highlights of my summer on the continental U.S.! I had an awesome time with many road trips in order to visit with great friends and family members!
The summer began with my parents' 33rd wedding anniversary, which I posted about last. Less than 2 weeks later, my grandparents celebrated their 68th wedding anniversary! Talk about proud...I am so proud of them! I can't even imagine being alive for 68 years much less being married for 68 years. To God be the glory!
I got to spend quite a bit of time with both of them and am thankful for that. I was also able to speak at their church 2 times...once at VBS and once at a Wednesday night prayer meeting. It was a blessing being able to share about my missions experiences overseas and what God has done and is doing in my life. HE's been so faithful! It was nice to stop and remember what all HE has done!
And now for the road trip to Michigan and back!
Part way down to Lake Michigan! This was the easy and fun part.
A look up from the bottom of the dunes. You have to see it in real life. It's unbelievable!
A little canoeing time. I had to prove myself after my dad called me some sort of pansie Indian name!
What a show off! She was pretty stinkin' good at fishing for a beginner! ;)
Checking out the fish with Daddy Chris!
We rode the ski lifts to the top of a mountain at the resort and rode an alpine slide down!
Crazy Ruthie Toothie and me!
Cousins reunited! I was so glad to have the opportunity to see my cousin Steve, his beautiful bride Kristee, and their 3 handsome boys! We definitely haven't seen or spent enough time with them over the years. Steve and Kristee, thanks for taking time to visit! I thoroughly enjoyed it and am in love with your 3 precious boys! They're gonna be heartbreakers!
While in Michigan, Aunt Sally made her way on over to Clarkston from Grand Rapids for a quick visit. She's still crazy as ever and full of personality! ;) The laughter and suspense never subside when she's present. She's also always got some new gadget or beauty product to try out on us girls! Thanks for coming to visit, Aunt Sally! It was fun.
On our way back down south, we stopped in Nashville to eat at J. Alexander's with Uncle Rick and Aunt Betsy. Good grub and great conversation! Thanks for making time for us! It sure was good to see y'all!
I went to Madison to visit Kimberly, Dusty, and little Layla! Let me just say that too much has happened in the life of my best friend/college roommate since I moved to South Korea. The girl has gotten married, moved, started a new job, bought a gorgeous new house, and gotten a puppy dog! She actually cooked breakfast for me. Can we say "Little Miss Domesticated"? I'm so happy for you, Kimberly! Thanks for letting me visit! I had a great time catching up and witnessing you in your new roles as wife, dog mom, and homeowner! I love and miss you!
While in Columbus, I had the pleasure of seeing many old friends and familiar faces at church. Laurel was sweet enough to join us at Proffitt's Porch for dinner one night. The food was amazing as always, and the company---a delight! Great to hear all the happenings in the Jones' family! Thanks, Laurel! I enjoyed our time catching up! You are missed!
I made a trip to Tupelo one day to meet up with these fantastic friends and former DeSoto County co-workers. I love these girls and am so thankful that Leigha, Amber, and Rebecca made the effort to meet me for a small MS reunion. It was great catching up and sharing our different places/situations in life at present---where we are and what God's doing! Thanks, girls! Y'all are such a blessing to me!
I had many visits with Aunt Joker while I was home. This lady has magic fingers---she gives the best arm, back, and leg/feet tickles. I can always depend on her to have lots of good Hallmark movies/chick flicks DVR'd waiting to be viewed by me along with fantastic homemade meals and desserts. Thanks, Aunt Jo!
Here is a super frightened Zachary as I beat him up one evening. He's always been afraid of me and my "pythons." We've (me and my 2 "pythons," that is) have caused this young man much harm and disgrace over the years. hahaha
Aaron came to visit "God's Country" from Texas. We were able to go out flying with my dad along the coast which was perfect for the 2 pilots. They just threw me in the back, put their headphones on, and did their thing! The adventure was timed perfectly. As soon as we landed and got the plane almost inside the hanger, a massive downpour let loose from the heavens. No time for tricks in G-man's plane but a nice little aerial view and quick tour of the Alabama coast. We hope to see Aaron back in God's Country in the future, so maybe then he can experience the flips, twists, turns, and spins in the air! Thanks for coming to visit, Aaron! I had a great time.

2 comments:
Awww Audie, what a fun summer. I miss you so much and hope that you are having a great beginning to a new year. :) Thank you for my sweet message on facebook. It really made my day. I am praying for you. :)
Love,
Leigha
Thanks, Leigha, I appreciate the prayers and miss you, too! Have a fantastic week!
Post a Comment