Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Reunion and Randomness

Let me just say, "Thank you, Ashley and friends!" I was blessed to be able to meet up with my friend from college, Ashley, whom I haven't seen in several years and some of her friends Friday night and Saturday. It was such an encouragement having a familiar face in Seoul and just what I needed at the start of my week off for Chusok. We were able to catch up on the past few years of our lives, enjoy a great Mexican dinner and yummy ice cream from B&R, explore around Seoul, eat more American food, and part ways at none other than Seoul Station.

We went to Seoul Tower on Namsan Mountain---a famous landmark here in Seoul, Itaewon---tourist strip near my house, and Insadong---market with traditional Korean arts shops and such. Ashley's friends were a fun bunch, and one of them was a friend of mine from Alabama's cousin: Randomness #1! What a small world this is!

Me and Ashley after downing a huge plate of Mexican grub!




Taking advantage of a tourist photo opp. at Seoul Tower!



I live somewhere down there!

Randomness #2: Padlocks on the fence at Seoul Tower blocking the view from the viewing deck. Thank goodness I'm tall!


Randomness #3: Hanging wiremen at Seoul Tower.

Randomness #4: The names of our waitor and waitress at Bennigan's--> Soldier and Beyonce. I think that Beyonce has had some major plastic surgery. She didn't look quite the same at the restaurant. She had stretched, squinty eyes; black stick straight hair; thin lips; no bust and no butt.---HILARIOUS!

1 comment:

DM said...

I am glad that you and Ashley got to meet up!! I know it was refrshing for both of you to see familiar faces!!