Thursday, May 7, 2009

Children's Day

Tuesday, May 5th, was Children's Day in Korea. Yes, it's a national holiday, and we got the day off! I enjoyed a wonderful morning at a baby shower for one of my friends who teaches middle school. It was a great time of fellowship and good eating---CHEESE GRITS were among other delicious dishes! After the shower, I met 2 other friends here in Seoul, and we went shopping for like 5 hours. Imagine that! I'm not one to enjoy shopping, but I had a fabulous time with 2 of my favorite people here in Korea. I, of course, talked myself out of treating myself to any clothes or other fun stuff. For some reason, when I ask myself, "Audie, is this thing that you're drooling over a need or a want?" I always end up answering with, "I don't need anything. It's definitely a want and not very practical anyway. How often would I wear this amazing shirt?" Just for the record, I'm still thinking about several things that I left behind in the stores.;) Maybe I'll pop in to see if they're marked down this weekend!
On to the point of this posting---children! I love them to say the least---most of the time anyway. I am spoiled rotten with pretty much the most incredible niece on earth!! She's so stinkin' cute even when she's not acting too "cute," if you catch my drift. She apparently looked at Heather the other day and said, "Mommy, Jesus is my best friend. HE's my boy!" Michaela is 2 and a half going on 16. She was acting absolutely crazy on Skype the other day saying the most random and ridiculous things. At one point, she told this far-fetched story about her dad. In the middle of laughing histerically at her own story, she said, "I'm just jokin' you, Audie!" I couldn't believe she said that at 2 and a half. I know one thing---WE'RE GONNA HAVE SOME FUN THIS SUMMER! The meeting of the 2 chatterboxes!
She's such a blessing from the LORD---our little miracle baby! Lately, it's been sort of weird to think about the fact that once upon a time I thought I would have at least 2 kids by now and maybe 3 by age 30. Looking at that realistically means that I have less than 3 years to meet Mr. Right, get married, and get pregnant with triplets. Let's just say that I'm not banking on that and neither should any of you.;) I would like children one day, but in the meantime or if that never happens, I'm glad to know that I have such a special little munchkin to claim and smother with love!! I also have 25 "babies" right here in Seoul that are pretty stinkin' awesome!
My first time holding Michaela! It was perfect even though she was hooked up to cords!
I love this pic with my little snuggle bunny!
We're from the country, and we like it that way!!
Nothin' but love!
Absolutely beautiful! She looks like a little lady!

Psalm 127:3a "Behold, children are a gift of the LORD."

2 comments:

DM said...

I always love reading your posts, but this one especially touched my heart. I feel you on loving children and already thinking you would have a family with your own by now. I have adopted quite a few of my own around here. Thanks for being real!!

Jeri Naquin said...

Audie,
I have read your posts now for about 45 minutes trying to catch up on your life and it's just amazing. I had tears in my eyes just reading the post about the "skating ducks". How appropriate that analogy is to so many of us. You are so right about the fact that we all know how to look like good little Christians, but do we really GET IT? Do we really know what He has done for us? Do we really show what He has done for us to others? I know that I have fallen short so many times and it saddens me when I think of those times, even as recently as today just with a tired, worn out attitude about people. I DO believe in His word, I DO believe in His power, I Do know what He can do and I Do trust Him completely....now to act like I know every day is the challenge. I love reading about how you've grown and I truly loved seeing the pics of your family. I missed your mom and dad and you girls when you left Calvary and I know my momma and daddy missed your mom and dad very much. I have a landscape customer named Bill who reminds me so much of your dad. His very original humor and uncanny way of speaking truth, HA! Tell your mom I said hello and keep posting. You can see more of me and my fam on facebook..and by the way I love the South too! Love you, honey.
Ms. Jeri Lyn "Hart" Naquin