Saturday, May 30, 2009

International Week/Night

We had International Night at the end of March. It was a great night of celebrating diversity with our school family. There were over 40 nations represented. Parents set up booths that represented their nationality and sold things and food that are unique to their culture. It actually rained, but most everyone still participated. I ate things from the Nigerian, Filipino, Japanese, American, Thai, and Singaporean booths. It was some good eatin'!
We also had a parade of flags to highlight the 40-something nations that are represented within our student body. After the flag parade, groups of students performed traditional dances and skits to highlight their home countries. It was such a wonderful and neat experience. One of my students' mother sent 2 Indian shirts to school with her daughter as a gift for me, so I'd have something to wear on international night. They are beautiful! I've included some pictures below.

Me with my 2 sweet girls from India!
Some of the Indian dancers!

I'm not sure what countries are here: I think Pakistan and Korea!

India, Japan, and Ghana

France!!

I have no clue again! Denmark or Sweden, maybe?? I stole these from a friend.

"I will praise YOU, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well." Psalm 139:14

1 comment:

Nicole said...

What a fun event! I would love something like that. Very cool!