Monday, my students presented me with flowers as I mentioned in a previous posting. Wednesday, they brought me baked goods and other treats. I'm telling you...I believe I'll look like a beached whale when I arrive in Hawaii and relax on the beach. I asked them if they were planning on rolling me out of the school at the end of the week.=) I did allow them to help me devour some of the treats on Friday morning during their tests.
Friday, the PTO mothers put together this Teacher Appreciation Day breakfast. It was absolutely amazing. The tables were decorated, and they set up a massive buffet. They also presented each of us with large goody bags. Talk about spoiled---I am super spoiled here at Yongsan International School of Seoul. My students presented me with cards and letters expressing their thanks and appreciation. It was so precious. Some of them were very specific about the reasons why they're thankful for me! It was very touching and such a blessing!
As they were leaving on Friday afternoon, I made each of them give me a hug on their way out the door. A few of the boys tried to storm past me in order to escape the hug. I all but tackled two of them during their attempt to run past me. I caught one in each arm and squeezed them together. Everyone was laughing histerically! Then, one of my boys did escape. Being the loving teacher that I am, I waited until he got amongst all of his 5th grade buddies from the other classes, and I captured him in a nice Momma Bear hug. His "cool" friends relentlessly teased him and didn't let him hear the end of it!
One of my students presented me with a beautiful necklace, too! I can't wait to wear it. I have to check and make sure that it doesn't cost more than the alotted amount for teacher gifts. I really don't want to return it! Anyway, this past week was a blessing! I love my students and their parents!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am so glad that you could see how much you mean to your kids. HOw rewarding. I love you and miss you.
Wow Audie, sounds like they love their teacher. I know you are a great teacher and those "treats" are well deserved. I can't wait to see you soon. We will definitely have to get together when you are here for the summer. Please call me and let me know when you are home. Maybe we can meet up in Columbus. Have fun in Hawaii. I am so jealous. :) Take lots of pictures so I can see how beautiful it is.
Love,
Leigha
Post a Comment