Family vacation right before I moved to Seoul!
Enjoying a nice AL day flying on the coast!
Doing what we love---eating!
Mom and her 4 girls!I just want to give a little shout out to the most amazing woman and mother on Earth---MY MOMMA! Bevis, you rock!! I am so thankful that the LORD saw fit to bless me with a treasure like you. You never cease to amaze me with your mothering skills. I have learned so much from you, both through your strengths and weaknesses, throughout the years. Thank you for taking the time to turn each of our experiences and circumstances over the years into opportunities to learn from God's word and to see things from His perspective.
Here are some of the most important things I have learned from you and have carried with me from childhood:
1. Jesus is our standard for living, not others around us. Seek and obey Him in all things, even when it's not popular.
2. Always be willing to admit when you're wrong and to ask others for forgiveness.
3. There is always more than one side to every story. Be willing to put yourself in the shoes of another and view things from their perspective. Be willing to evaluate the way in which you contributed to the situation and willing to try to understand the reasons why others chose to contribute to the same situation in the way they did.
4. Don't let the sun go down upon your wrath/anger. Be willing to pray about it and to work things out with others. Don't leave it for tomorrow.
5. When life gets crazy, things seem hopeless, or clear understanding is lacking, PRAY and BE PATIENT trusting that God is in control!
I love you, Mom! If I can be half the mother that you are one day, my kids will be blessed! Thanks for your support, encouragement, and prayers throughout my life. I know that I would not be where I am today without your countless prayers! I am honored to have a best friend in you! I love and miss you like crazy! Hope your day is amazing!


1 comment:
Audie, what a special gift you have given your mom today.........Mrs. Geri
Post a Comment